The major city in Punjab are
,Amritsar , Jalandhar, Chandigarh, Ludhiana and
- Avoid drinking water from an unknown source. When in doubt ask
for "Bisleri" mineral water. As a further precaution bring water
- There are some areas in India where malaria is still prevalent.
Prior to your departure, get a prescription from your doctor for
some anti malarial tablets.
- Do remember to bring some insect repellent, mosquito coils or
even an electronic repellent. Mosquitoes in India can be fierce.
- Cows are considered sacred in India, so when you are driving in
India do not hit one.
- Avoid foods which have been laid out in the open, avoid sweets
and candies from local markets.
- Wash fruits before eating them.
- Do carry sunglasses, sunscreen and a hat.
- Ask permission before taking any photographs, if possible try to
carry a Polaroid instant camera. Indians loved to be photographed.
You can earn a lot of cooperation and friendship.
- Always respect religious shrines and places of worship. Some
places require visitors to observe a decent dress code. Take care
not to violate any taboos in a mosque or a temple.
- Change currency only from Thomas Cook Exchange Bureaus or
official moneychangers. Remember to retain the Currency Exchange
receipts after each transaction. You will need them for re-exchange
- Photography is prohibited in places of military importance,
railway stations, bridges, airports and military installations.
:Infopunjab, the Infopunjab Logo, and related marks are
trademarks of Infopunjab, Inc. © 2003InfoPunjab, Inc. All rights reserved.
The information on our site is subject to change anytime and we can't
warranty/guaranty Infopunjab Inc shall not be liable for any errors or
delays or for any action taken in reliance on the content. The
content is for information best to our knowledge